It is common for us to feel down and sad at times, as it is a part of being human. When that feeling lingers day after day, it can be a sign of possible depression. Some of the most common symptoms experienced are:
· Low mood and irritability
· Difficulty concentrating or focusing
· Difficulty falling and staying sleep
· Negative thoughts in general or about yourself
· Difficulty feeling happiness
· Feelings of guilt, hopelessness, worthlessness or numbness
· Fatigue or loss of energy and motivation
· Decrease or increase in appetite
· Suicidal thoughts
If you are feeling this way, there are many ways to get back to your old self, or perhaps a new self if this has been a long-term or even lifelong struggle.
Typically, depression does not improve on its own or it may seem better for a period of time and return. Let’s find a way to climb out of this despair and begin feeling content. Please reach out to me to see how I can assist.